Delicate Wash, 750ml, Steamery Stockholm
Availability: In Stock
Do you have problems with woolen sweaters getting small holes and increasing pilling? Maybe you even suspect fur beetles or moth in your wardrobe? This is probably not the case; the problem is more likely you’re using the wrong detergent.
This mild detergent is specially made to effectively clean and, at the same time, nourish delicate materials such as wool and silk. The natural ingredients Lanolin and silk oil rehydrates the fibers in any type of natural material and prolongs their lifespan. Discreetly scented with exclusive tones of wild rose and musk.
- Contains 750ml
- Specially developed for sensitive and exclusive fabrics
- The subtle and unique scent of wild rose and musk
- Highly concentrated
- Manufactured in a climate-neutral factory in Sweden
- Increases the lifespan of your clothing
- Contains no bleach, optical brighteners, colorants, zeolites, phosphates or preservative
- Why is it important to use a special detergent for garments made of fine materials?
- When washing wool, silk or any fine blend, you do need a detergent especially made for these fibers. A detergent where the active ingredients are an efficient blend of surfactants, not enzymes. Enzymes are particularly made to break down and dissolve dirt consisting of protein (organic stains, food, sweat, make up etc.). However, fabrics made of wool and silk fibers consist of protein only, and consequently, an enzyme-based detergent will destroy your garments after approximately two washes.
- What is Lanolin and what makes it ideal for washing delicate materials?
- Lanolin is a “wool fat acid” that is extracted from sheep wool and it has very impressive features. With the right amount (= 1%), the Lanolin oil lubricates the “living” fibers in fine materials like silk and cashmere and protects them from drying out. Applying the Lanolin also makes the fibers withstand dirt and water during future usage. This means that after using Steamery Delicate Wash a woolen sweater or a silk dress will actually repel water and dirt.
- Is the detergent environmentally friendly?
- Steamery Delicate Wash contains nothing but natural ingredients that are readily biodegradable, which means they are broken down within hours. The palm oil used is certified and not rainforest harvested. All our laundry detergents are produced in Östergötland, Sweden. The factory is certified as climate neutral. This means they compensate for all CO2 as well as other emissions